Monday, April 25, 2011

Nithya Menen refuses to doll up


Nithya Menen refuses to doll up


Nithya Menen refuses to doll up




After making her presence felt in Mollywood, Tollywood and Sandalwood, talented Malayalam actress Nithya Menen is now making a foray into Tamil with Siddharth's bilingual180, being made in Tamil and Telugu.
In 180, directed by Siddharth's mentor P. Jayendra, Nithya plays the role of a photo journalist. Notably, she studied Journalism from Manipal Institute of Communication.
“As a student of journalism, the role established an immediate connect when I heard the script. But it’s mainly a love story, though I do carry a camera around in the film. 180 is my second film in Tamil after my Telugu superhit in Ala Modalaindi. So, 180 is an important film for me since I have to live up to the expectations created by Ala. I also face the challenge of satisfying the audiences in Tamil," an excited Nithya said in an interview.
The actress also said that in career of less than three years, she refused many films with big heroes due to the lack of substantial roles and is determined to do only meaningful films. “I want to act in meaningful films which I can watch with my dad, without being embarrassed. I’m talented and want to be part of only good cinema with strong roles that have ample scope for me to act. So why should I doll up and dance around trees? I’m not made for that! I select each of my films with care," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment